2017 Accelerator Program
In 2017, Upaya is launching a focused accelerator program to support a larger number of entrepreneurs and their business ideas. Upaya will select 8-10 of the most qualified Indian-based early-stage entrepreneurs to participate in a series of three workshops. The workshops will be held over a 6-month period, starting in April 2017. The workshops will culminate in an Investor Showcase, which will put entrepreneurs directly in front of impact investors and other potential partners.
Our first program theme focuses on companies that provide job placement, particularly through formalizing informal sectors. In selecting participants for our first cohort, we will prioritize companies that demonstrate strong potential to create hundreds, if not thousands, of dignified and reliable jobs.
What entrepreneurs get from the program
- Participants who successfully complete the program will be eligible for investment from Upaya and other investors.
- Each entrepreneur will be assigned a mentor who will coach the company over the 6-month timeframe.
- Each workshop will be one week and will give the participants an opportunity to interact with industry experts on topics such as market strategy, financial planning, unit economics, governance, and presentation skills.
Entrepreneurs will graduate from the program armed with a refined business plan, pitch deck, and a roadmap to further build out their businesses.
Entrepreneurs that are best suited for Upaya's first program theme will have the following:
- A services-based business model that provides job placement, organized sector benefits and skilling opportunities to manpower sourced from the poorest of the poor communities
- For-profit, early-stage ventures that have already started generating revenue
- Limited (less than INR 50 lakhs) or no institutional funding received
- A strong commitment to creating jobs for the poorest communities in India, now and in the future
Eligible entrepreneurs may apply here:
Application closes on 28th February 2017
Program duration – April 2017 to September 2017
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, Upaya is unable to provide feedback to individual applicants.
For any queries, please send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org